Products by Delta.
LTL-XL and LTL-X are robust, long lasting and advanced instruments designed for professionals using the latest developments in light and sensor technology. Using DELTA's gradient index technology and patented optical system, the instruments can measure all types of flat and profiled markings. The sensor response, combining the CIE eye response and the CIE illuminant A, meets both CEN and ASTM requirements for profile capacity and colour. LTL-XL and LTL-X comply with the following standards: EN 1436, ASTM E 1710, ASTM E 2176, ASTM E 2177, ASTM E 2302, ASTM E 2832
- LTL-XL and LTL-X measure all types of road markings at a simulated
- distance of 30 m with the highest level of accuracy. The instruments
- operate with a reproducibility of +/- 5 % and a repeatability of +/- 2 %.
- Rl(nighttime visibility), Qd (daytime visibility), visibility under dry, wet and continuous wetting.
- LTL-XL and LTL-X measure white and yellow markings with no adjustment.
- LTL-XL and LTL-X have automatic stray light compensation, so
- daylight and other outside light sources will not affect the accuracy of the measurements.
- The Road Sensor Control (RSC) software supplied with the instrument, combined with the USB interface, makes it easy to download data and generate reports like MS-Excel reports. GPS data can easily be transferred to a GPS program like Goggle Earth for visual overview showing the results and where measurements have been taken.
RetroSign retroreflectometers instruments- GR3
RetroSign instruments are modern retroreflectometers for measuring retroreflection of road signs, license plates and safety clothing. The photometric filter in the RetroSign is among the most accurate, sensitive and durable filters in the world. When combined with the point aperture geometry, laboratory precision readings for all colours and all types of retroreflective sheetings are ensured. The point aperture geometry specified by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) ensures accurate readings that replicate real-world driving conditions and corresponds to laboratory measurements. Due to the proprietary gradient index ultra hard coating (UHC) technology, available only from DELTA, the sensor response meets the ASTM 1709 requirements for combining the CIE eye response and CIE illuminant "A". RetroSign instruments comply with the following standards: EN 471, EN 20471, EN 12899, ASTM E 1709 and ASTM E 2540.
- Features a unique triple geometry that makes it easy to undertake measurements of a range of observation angles at the same time.
- This provides the user with a significantly more comprehensive
- image of the retroreflection of road sign.
LTL-M mobile retroreflectometer
- Danish company Delta has unveiled its new LTL-M mobile retroreflectometer, which it says has taken about four years to develop.
- The unit, seen at the recent Traffex show in Birmingham, UK, measures all types of road markings at a simulated distance of 30m "with the highest level of accuracy." The company says that the LTL-M is to be used mounted on a vehicle measuring retroreflection at normal traffic speed providing full overview of the condition of the road markings.
- DELTA says the instrument operates with an accuracy of typically +/-5%, which is in line with DELTA's hand-held retroreflectometers LTL-2000, LTL-X and LTL-XL.
- It uses the latest camera and illumination technology, which results in high accuracy independent of changes in the geometry of the system through an automatic image process compensating for vehicle movements.
- Consisting of three units (the sensor mounted on the outside of the vehicle with camera, flashlight and GPS; processor inside the vehicle; and the graphical user interface/GUI Tablet PC placed next to the driver), the LTL-M was the subject of a study carried out by VTI, the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute. The results are reported in Evaluation of the LTL-M, Mobile measurement of road marking, compiled by Sven- Olof Lundkvist in 2010.